The Baker Street Irregulars
The Baker Street Irregulars
Strategy, cunning and manipulation...
One man, above all else, has sought to understand the chaos of lawless London and in doing so, advance his influence and agenda. That man is Sherlock Holmes and though he resides in the safety and comfort that the Bastioned Borough of Westminster offers, he is active in every one of the city’s squalid slums and most dangerous streets through his network of informants and hired muscle.
Working secretly and carefully, building relationships with government agents and the movers and shakers of anarchic gangland, he has positioned himself with care and poise. He is a master of intrigue at the centre of a complex network of power, carefully nourishing those contacts he deems worthwhile and eliminating anyone who can’t be trusted or manipulated.
Recently the emergence of new and unpredictable powers in the city have forced Holmes' hand, leading to a more aggressive, front-line approach to taking over the city. The complex game he played relied on the key strategy of keeping opposing forces in check and in a constant struggle for power. Now that Tesla and Dodgson have begun to make their presence felt even the prodigious calculating foresight of Holmes can’t keep track of and manipulate every possible outcome. The meandering threads of likelihood that travel from the past to the possible futures are too varied and too many. It is to some degree a matter of capacity - predicting how two underworld gangs will interact is hard enough, but seven is too much to be expected even of Holmes.
Sherlock Holmes - Kingpin
One of the greatest minds in the city of London, Sherlock is a master strategist, leading his gang in meticulously calculated attacks across the ruins of the Big Smoke.
- Incredible control over card draw and the Strategy Values of his gang, ensuring they are always working effectively.
- Able to foil opponent's plans by seeing their draw cards and negatively impacting them with deck manipulation.
- A range of survival skills to keep him alive.
- Able to debilitate and weaken an opponent with injections and the burn of his flame blaster.
- Can call on nearby gang members to act as a human shield.
- A very average combatant with little in his arsenal to worry an aggressive and tough foe.
- Quite flimsy so needs protection.
- If he should be matched up against a sturdy foe (or two) will find himself in all kinds of trouble.
- His desire to survive can sometimes cause the death of fellow gang members around him.
DOCTOR JOHN WATSON - LIEUTENANT
Watson has been Holmes' loyal right-hand-man for decades and brings an element of fearsome brutality to the gang. Despite this Watson's fury and passion for dissection of foes is a calculated and controlled one, making him even more dangerous.
- Can heal friendly models, even at range, through the medical care kits he equips his fellow gang members with.
- An ox of a man who can do a great deal of damage to those unfortunate enough to get close to him.
- Able to enhance his power through his intravenous drugs.
- Though he can perform many roles he will often be forced to choose one at the sacrifice of another due to a lack of Action Points.
- The drugs he uses can have negative effects.
- His penchant for dismemberment can sometimes leave him focused on carnage or a fallen pawn in the front-line when retreat would be wiser!
The Professor - Heavy
Sherlock's gang has recently acquired this mechanical marvel. Though nobody knows the full truth of where the brain that sits atop The Professor came from, many believe it once sat in the head of missing University Professor James Moriarty.
- Able to take a great deal of damage and continue fighting.
- The cutting blade can carve off limbs while the bomblet launcher is equally adept at decapitating from range!
- The Kingpin can connect with The Professor to boost up his already sizable intellect, improving his deck manipulation even more.
- Slow and lacking any particularly notable ability to react quickly to the ever changing battle.
- If used to boost Holmes the machine will not be able to attack.
- Very few defensive systems against hit and run attacks.
Mrs Hudson - SUPPORT
Mrs Hudson is a mysterious character equally capable of fitting in with the highest of high society or the lowliest of gangland thugs and making them feel jovially at ease. It is usually around this time that she will use her masterful grasp of poisons to do a serious mischief to her intended target... and sometimes those unfortunate enough to be in the vicinity too.
- Applies damage to foes that continues to impact them over time, gradually weakening them.
- Can make areas of the battlefield dangerous to access due to traps and poisons.
- Often able to talk her way out of danger.
- Should she end up engaged and unable to talk her way out of it she is very vulnerable.
- Lacks immediate damage dealing ability.
Sergeant Crookes - Support
Every devious criminal mastermind needs a man on the force and though Holmes has many in his employ it is Crookes who, more than any, is willing to show his dubious allegiance, standing side-by-side with the Baker Street Irregulars in scuffles.
- A true tank, Crookes was born to draw the ire of every foe.
- High survivability thanks to his defensive coil rifle and shock shield.
- Reacts to danger with many skills that can be used to interrupt an opponent's activation.
- Chief recruiter, bringing Pawns into battle to fight alongside the fully-fledged gang members.
- His attacks do very little damage relying on their incapacitating effects.
- Due to his innate ability to gain agro Crookes is always in a dangerous situation!